II. Types of Information We Collect
In order to operate the Website and provide you with access to certain services that we offer through the Website and elsewhere, we collect the following types of information from you, which are described in more detail below: (A) information you provide on our website, (B) information about you and your activities on the Website, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, domain server, the type of computer, web browser, operating system or platform you use and referrer data identifying the web pages you visited prior to and after visiting our Website, your movement and activity within the Website and your geographic location, and (C) information we collect from other parties. All of the information listed in (A)-(C) above, which are detailed below, which are collectively now referred to as “Information.”
A. Information We Collect from You Directly
We collect your Information when you provide it to us during your direct interactions through our Website, such as when you access various content or features, contact us directly, post comments on our guest book pages, sign up for our newsletter, or other areas in which you otherwise interact with our Website. The Information we may collect and maintain about you includes:
- Contact information, such as first and last name, e-mail address, postal address, country, and telephone number(s); and
- Date of birth
B. Information We Automatically Collect During Your Visit to Our Website
In addition to collecting Information from you, we, our affiliates, subsidiaries, Partners, and our third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically collect Information about you or your activities on our Website.
- Your IP address;
- Your domain server;
- The type of computer, web browser, operating system, or platform you use;
- Data identifying the web pages you visited prior to and after visiting our Website (often referred to as “referrer data”);
- Your movement and activity within the Website; and/or
- Your geographic location
Some of the technologies that may be used to collect the above Information include:
- Cookies. The Website may place small files, called “cookies” onto your computer. Cookies are data files that websites write onto computer hard drives for record keeping purposes when you visit them. The cookie file then identifies you as a unique user. Cookies make your use of this Website more pleasing and efficient by “personalizing” your Website experience and gathering Website statistical data, such as which parts of the Website you have previously visited, what material you downloaded, your Internet provider’s domain name and country, and the addresses of websites you visited immediately before and after our Website. They enable us to tailor the Information you receive and to assist our Partners or other third-party organizations with whom we have strategic alliances by identifying you as our customer or Website user.
- Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, unless you have configured yours not to accept them. You can program your browser not to accept cookies, but if you do, you may not be able to use certain portions of the Website and the Website will not be able to customize certain features according to your preferences.
- For more information on third-party advertising-related cookies and interest-based advertising, and to learn how to opt-out of these practices with companies participating in industry self-regulation, please visit About Ads.
- Web Beacons. Small graphic images or web programming code called web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) may be included on the pages of the Website and in email messages we send you. Web beacons or other similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, such as to count visitors to the Website, monitor how you navigate the Website or to count how many particular articles or links posted on the Website were actually viewed.
- Our Website uses Google Retargeting Pixels and Facebook Retargeting Pixels. Please visit their websites for their privacy policies and consent and opt out mechanisms, or visit sites that may help block ad tracking, such as About Ads.
- Mobile Device Identifiers. Certain mobile service providers uniquely identify mobile devices and we, our Partners or our third-party service providers may receive such device information if you access the Website through a mobile device. Certain features on the Website may require collection of mobile phone numbers and we may associate that phone number to mobile device identification information. Additionally, some mobile service providers operate systems that pinpoint the physical location of devices that use their services. Depending on the provider, we, our Partners or our third-party service providers may receive this Information.
- You may opt out of tracking and receiving tailored advertisements on your mobile device by some mobile advertising companies and other similar entities by downloading the App Choices app here.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code designed to collect Information about your use of this Website, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded to your computer from our web server or a third-party provider, is active only while you are connected to the Website and is deactivated or deleted once you leave the Website.
- Analytics. We use Google Analytics to help provide with information about traffic to our website. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our website. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Do Not Track (DNT) is an optional browser setting that allows you to express your preferences regarding tracking by advertisers and other parties. We do not respond to DNT signals.
C. Information We Collect About You from Other Sources
Where permitted by applicable law, we may collect Information about you from other sources, including through interactive applications (such as mobile devices and third-party services), from commercially available sources (such as data aggregators and public databases) and when you access our Website through an SNS, including Facebook, Instagram, GuruHub, and others. Some of this collection occurs from visiting our Website, see section II(B).
III. How We Use Your Information
A. Use and Purpose of Processing Your Information
We use and process your Information above for things that may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Process your registration, including, at time, verifying that the e-mail address you provide is active and valid;
- Allow you to participate in features we offer on the Website such as contests and message boards;
- Fulfill your requests for products, services, and information, including to authorize a purchase, and complete a transaction that you have requested;
- Process awards payment and business requests related to contest participation;
- To respond to your inquiries;
- Provide customer services and resolve any complaints;
- Communicate with you regarding certain products, services or promotions offered by us or our Partners, provided that you have not already opted out of receiving such communications;
- Cross-reference with other Information that we have acquired about you or may acquire about you through other sources;
- Improve our Website and resolve any technical problems;
- Providing targeted advertisements and videos and music to you;
- Analyze the use of Website and information about visitors to our Website to understand and improve our service offerings and, in accordance with our sharing policies, discussed below, to produce anonymous or aggregated data and statistics that might help third parties develop their own products and service offerings;
- Customize the content you see when you visit the Website, including to develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests;
- Comply with our Terms and Conditions of Use (which is available on our Website);
- Comply with any applicable laws and regulations and respond to lawful requests; and
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your Information or pursuant to your consent
B. Lawful Basis for Processing Your Information
We believe the foregoing handling of your Information furthers our legitimate interests in commercial activities that are not overridden by the interest or fundamental rights and freedoms of the individuals at issue. We also may need to use and disclose your information to comply with our legal obligations. For example, we may provide your information to government officials and agencies as required by law (see Section D below), and Partners as part of business operations. When required by law, and in some other cases, we process the Information after obtaining consent from the individual.
C. How Long We Keep Your Information
We generally keep Information for so long as it may be relevant to the purposes listed above, consistent with any applicable laws and agreements. To dispose of Information, we may anonymize it, delete it, or take other appropriate steps. Data may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for an additional time.
D. Sharing Your Information
- Third-Party Service Providers. In some cases we may employ third-party service providers, including, but not limited to, third-party payment processors, to perform certain services on our behalf, including, without limitation: (i) responding to your inquires (ii) shipping, sending postal mail and e-mails; (iii) analyzing, updating and correcting information we receive on the Website; (iv) performing business analysis, data processing and/or quality control; (v) providing marketing assistance, search results and links (including, without limitation, paid listings and links); (vi) processing credit card and debit card payments; (vii) hosting our databases; and (viii) providing you with information you requested. Consequently, we may share your Information with these third-party service providers if they need it to perform services on our behalf. However, such third-party service providers are not authorized by us to use your Information for any other purpose.
- Contests and Promotions. The Website may offer contests and other promotions that may require registration. If you choose to enter a contest or promotion, your Information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with the administration of such offering, such as in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law, such as on a winners list. By entering a contest or promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that offering, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except where prohibited by law, allowing us and/or other parties to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials.
- Disclosure of Customer Information for Legal and Administrative Reasons. We may disclose your Information without notice: (i) when required by law or to comply with a court order, subpoena, search warrant or other legal process; (ii) to cooperate in investigations of fraud, intellectual property infringement or any other activity that is illegal or may expose us or you to legal liability; (iii) to comply with legal, regulatory or administrative requirements of governmental authorities (including, without limitation, requests from the governmental agency authorities to view your Information); (iv) to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of us, our subsidiaries and affiliates and any of their officers, directors, employees, attorneys, agents, contractors and partners, and the Website’s users; (v) to enforce or apply the Website’s Terms and Conditions of Use; and (iv) to verify the identity of the Website’s users.
- Business Transfers. Your Information may be transferred, sold or otherwise conveyed (“Conveyed”) to a third party where we: (i) merge with or are acquired by another business entity; (ii) sell all or substantially all of our assets; (iii) are adjudicated bankrupt or (iv) are liquidated or otherwise reorganize. You consent to any and all such Conveyances of your Information.
IV. Links to Other Parties’ Websites
While on the Website or when viewing an e-mail or other content provided by us or the Website, you may encounter links to other websites operated by other parties, such as Facebook or Instagram. These other websites may set their own cookies, collect data or have their own privacy policies and practices. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of these sites as soon as you enter them. Links to any other party’s website or content do not constitute or imply an endorsement or recommendation by us of the linked website or content.
V. Information Protection
We use industry-standard procedures and safeguards to help safeguard the confidentially of your Information. However, you should assume that no data transmitted over the Internet can be 100% secure. Therefore, although we believe the measures implemented by us reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved, we do not promise or guarantee, and you should not expect, that your Information or private communications will always remain private. We do not guarantee that your Information will not be misused or disclosed to third parties. We will not have any liability for misuse or disclosure of your Information.
If you believe that your username or password has been stolen, you are required to notify us so that necessary measures can be taken immediately.
VI. Consent to Transfer
The Website is operated in the United States. If you are located in Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that Information we collect will be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the Website, or providing us with any Information, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your Information in the United States, a jurisdiction in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen. Portions of our site may be supported by a network of computers or cloud-based servers in other jurisdictions. We do not represent that our Website is appropriate or available in any particular jurisdiction.
VII. Access and Updating Your Information
If you believe that any Information collected and maintained by us about you is not correct or has changed, please send an e-mail to email@example.com explaining the correction or change. We also may provide web pages or other mechanisms through which you can correct or update the Information we have collected and maintained.
In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain Information you have submitted through the Website. We are under no obligation to store such Information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Information.
If you ask us to delete your information, we will do so within a reasonable period of time, but not longer than one month from the date the request is received. Please note that we may need to retain some information about you in order to satisfy our legal and security obligations. In addition, you should be aware that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your Information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons. See also section III(C) regarding our retention of your Information.
We provide users with the ability to opt-out of receiving marketing and other communications from us, and to update, supplement, or delete Information we have about them.
To the extent certain data protection laws apply and we hold your Information in our capacity as a data controller as defined under those laws, you may request that we:
- Restrict the way that we process and disclose your Information
- Transfer your Information to a third party
- Revoke your consent for processing of your Information
- Provide you with access to your Information
- Remove your Information if no longer necessary for the purposes collected
- Prevent the processing of your Information for direct-marketing purposes
- Update your Information so it is correct and not out of date
- Object to our processing of your Information
To make these requests please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877-411-2331.
The requests above will be considered and responded to in the time period stated by applicable law. Note, certain Information may be exempt from such requests. We may require additional information from you to confirm your identity in responding to such requests. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the authorities applicable to you and your situation, although we invite you to contact us with any concern as we would be happy to try and resolve it directly. Please email us at email@example.com, write us at 8022 South Rainbow Blvd., Suite 421, Las Vegas, Nevada 89139, or call us at 877-411-2331.
VIII. Children’s Information
The Website is intended only for users over the age of eighteen (18). If we become aware that a user is under thirteen (13) (or a higher age threshold where applicable) and has provided us with Information, we will take steps to comply with any applicable legal requirement to remove such information. Contact us if you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected information from a child under the age of thirteen (13).
Again, if you have any updates to the Information we have for you, please send those to firstname.lastname@example.org. See Section XII above.
Last updated May 8, 2019